Special Needs: ASD
5 - 6 years
The goal of this class is to introduce children with ASD to a variety of team sports. Participants receive hands-on and engaging experience in all the major age-appropriate team sports (soccer, basketball, tee-ball). Participants learn and thoroughly practice the foundations of team sports such as respect, sharing and communication. The class incorporates the best practices, such as repetition, strong structure and clear expectations for teaching children with ASD.
About the Instructor: Stan Pacuk is a certified special and general education teacher currently teaching in a 3rd grade inclusion classroom in the Bronx. He has also taught first graders in a District 75 setting. He is finishing earning his Master’s Degree in Special Education from the Hunter College School of Education. He was a 4 year athlete as a football player at Saint Anselm College in New Hampshire, and has worked with children in a number of roles including mentor and coach.
Spring: January 23 - June 12, 2017
TO ENROLL: Click on desired class name.
|Special Needs, 18 weeks (January 29 - June 11)||$590|
Rules & Regulations
Youth Class Cancellation/Refund Policy
- The Field House at Chelsea Piers reserves the right, prior to the first class or after, to cancel a class due to insufficient registration, with full refund.
- Class fees are non-transferable.
- Age determination for all Field House classes is the student's age at the time of the first class of the enrolled semester.
- All youth class fees at the Field House include a $75 non-refundable registration fee.
- Requests for refund of class fees will be considered through the third class of the Fall/Spring semesters. All requests must be submitted in writing. Refunds are not available after the third class or for students registering after the third class in the semester. Refund of the registration fee or classes prior to the date of notification will not be considered. If you are unsure of your enrollment, you may take a trial class when available.
- All summer youth class fees at the Field House include a $45 non-refundable registration fee.
- Requests for refund of class fees will be considered up to 2 weeks prior to the start of the class. All requests must be submitted in writing.
Trial classes are available for semester-based programs based on availability. Trial classes are not available during the first week of any semester and trial classes may not be reserved in advance. Trial classes range from $40-$50 depending on the specific class.
Youth Class Make-up Policy
The Field House at Chelsea Piers will offer 2 make-up classes for semester-based classes that are scheduled to meet 12 or more times during the semester and 1 class for programs that meet less than 12 times. No make-ups are available for leagues, team practices, or classes/programs that are 8 sessions or less. Each semester-based program offers different opportunities for make-ups throughout the semester. For additional details regarding scheduling make-up classes please click here.
School Break Camps
Full payment must be received at the time of enrollment to secure your child's place in Camp. Refunds (less a $30/day deposit) will be granted up to one week prior to the first day of camp. After that day, no refunds will be granted for absences, transportation delays, inclement weather, withdrawals or dismissals. No make-up sessions are offered for days missed.